Friday, June 16, 2017

June 16 - Country Drums of the Island

Two new import titles were announced, 'Drums of the Islands' and 'Country Memories'.

Details Ultimate Paradise Hawaiian Style Recording Sessions:

A sublime 3 cd boxset with the most complete ‘Paradise Hawaiian Style’ recording sessions, incl. many tracks unreleased by Elvis' official record company. This stunning box also includes the complete film versions and original mono album! Plus a newly discovered demo recording of a song rejected by Elvis and the Colonel and written by Dolores Fuller. Unfortunately never recorded by the man himself. Including a great full color booklet !


CD 1 The Stereo Album

01 Paradise, Hawaiian Style 02 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya 03 Scratch My Back (Then I’ll Scratch Yours) 04 Drums Of The Islands 05 Datin’ 06 A Dog’s Life 07 House Of Sand 08 Stop Where You Are 09 This Is My Heaven 10 Sand Castles The Outtakes 
11 Drums Of The Islands (Aov) / Take 1 12 Drums Of The Islands (Aov) / Take 2 13 Drums Of The Islands (Aov) / Take 3 14 Drums Of The Islands (Aov) / Take 4-5 15 Drums Of The Islands (Aov) / Take 6 16 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 1-2 17 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 3 18 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 4 19 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 5 20 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 6 21 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 7 22 This Is My Heaven (Fov) / Take 8 23 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 1 24 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 2-3 25 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 4-5 26 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 6 27 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 7-8 28 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 9 29 Sand Castles (Ko) / Take 10

CD 2 The Original Mono Album

01 Paradise, Hawaiian Style 02 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya 03 Scratch My Back (Then I’ll Scratch Yours) 04 Drums Of The Islands 05 Datin’ 06 A Dog’s Life 07 House Of Sand 08 Stop Where You Are 09 This Is My Heaven 10 Sand Castles 

The Outtakes

11 Sand Castles (Kov) / Take 1 12 Sand Castles (Koc) / Take 1 & Take Call Take 2 13 Scratch My Back (Cov) / Take 1 & Take Cal Take 2 14 Stop Where You Are (Dov) / Take 1 15 Stop Where You Are (Dov) / Take 2 16 Stop Where You Are (Dov) / Take 3 17 House Of Sand (Hov) / Take 3 18 House Of Sand (H1v) / Take 1-10 19 A Dog’s Life (Eov) / Take 1 20 A Dog’s Life (Eov) / Take 4 21 A Dog’s Life (Eov) / Take 5-6 22 Datin’ (Bov) / Take 1-4 23 Datin’ (Bov) / Take 6-8 24 Datin’ (Bov) / Take 11-12 25 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jov) / Take 1-2 26 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jov) / Take 3 27 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jov) / Take 4 28 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jov) / Take 5 29 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jov) / Take 6

CD 3 The Movie Versions

01 Paradise, Hawaiian Style / Opening Version 02 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya 03 Scratch My Back 04 Drums Of The Islands 05 A Dog’s Life 06 Datin’ 07 A House Of Sand 08 Stop Where You Are 09 This Is My Heaven – Drums Of The Islands – Bula Meleya The Outtakes 10 Paradise, Hawaiian Style (Gov) Take 1 11 Paradise, Hawaiian Style (Gov) Take 2-3 12 Paradise, Hawaiian Style (Gov) Take 4 13 A Dog’s Life (Eov) Take 7 14 A Dog’s Life (Eov) Take 8 & Take All Take 9 15 Drums Of The Islands (Tag A1v) Reh / Take 1-2 16 Drums Of The Islands (Tag A1v) Take 3 17 Stop Where You Are (D1ov) / Take 2-5 18 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (J1v) / Take 1-2 (Part Cut From Tape) 19 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jo) / Take 1-2 20 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jo) / Take 3 21 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jo) / Take 4-5 22 Queenie Wahine’s Papaya (Jo) / Take 6 (Vocals By Neal Matthews) 

23 Bill Bailey Won’t You Please Come Home? (Vocals By Donna Butterworth) 

Rejected Song Written For The Movie By Dolores Fuller 24 Kamehemea 25 Native Chant (From The Movie) 26 Datin (Score) 27 Scratch My Back (Score) Radio Spot Announcements 28 Version 1 29 Version 2 30 Version 3 31 Version 4 32 Theater Trailer 33 Peter Noone Interviews Elvis On The Movie Set

Details Country Memories



This great country CD, housed in 6 panel digipack, is based on the 1978 RCA vinyl album. It had some strange selections for a country album (like How Great Thou Art and Baby Let's Play House) but it sold like hot cakes, almost a year after Elvis' passing. This CD contains rare alternate and live versions of all 20 original tracks.

I'll Hold You In my Heart (overdub version) Welcome To My World (live, january 12, 1973) It Keeps Right On A Hurtin' (take 2) Release Me (live, february 18, 1970) Make The World Go Away (take 2, undubbed) Snowbird (take 2) Early Morning Rain (january 14, 1973) I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (live, january 12, 1973) Funny How Times Slips Away (undubbed) I'm Movin' On (undubbed) Help Me Make It Throught The Night (unedited master) You Don't Know Me (film version, take 10) How Great Thou Art (live, december 6, 1975) I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water (undubbed) I Forgot To Remember To Forget (stereo version) Your Cheatin' Heart (album version) Baby Let's Play House (stereo version) Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (undubbed) Gentle On My Mind (track replacement overdubs) For The Good Times (take 3)


Charts

  • The ’ELV1S 30 # 1 Hits’ album re-entered the Bilboard Country Album chart at #34.
  • The ’Ultimate Gospel’ album climbed from climbed from #31 to #27 on the Christian Album chart. 
  • The ’The Wonder Of You’ remained steady at #7 on the Billboard Classical Album chart. 
  • The 'The Wonder of You / If I Can Dream' double album is a re-entry on the Australian Album chart at #29.
  • The 'The Wonder Of You / If I Can Dream' double CD set dropped off the Belgian Album chart. 
  • The 6 DVD-Box 'The Elvis Collection' climbed from #7 to #6 on the official UK Music DVD chart.
  • 'The Platinum Collection' dropped from #67 to #86 on the Scottish Album chart.
  • The 3 CD set ’Rockin’ Elvis’ dropped of the Scottish Album chart.
(Source: e-mail / The King's World / FECC)