Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11 - Blue Suede Vinyl Re-issues

Due for release from the French Le Chant Du Monde label on January 19, 2018 is the double vinyl compilation "Blue Suede Shoes". 

All The Best

Due January 26, 2018 is the re-issue if the 3 CD set "Elvis Presley - All The Best". 

CD 1: Blue Suede Shoes - Joshua Fit The Battle - Don´t Be Cruel - Rip It Up - Rock-A-Hula Baby - Heartbreak Hotel - (There´ll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) - I Will Be Home Again - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again - All Shook Up - I Believe - If We Never Meet Again

CD 2: Jailhouse Rock - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - I Believe In The Man In The Sky - Love Me Tender - Young Dreams - Mystery Train - Can´t Help Falling In Love - Hound Dog - You´re A Heartbreaker - Summer Kisses, Winter Tears - Young And Beautiful - Blue Moon

CD 3: Tutti Frutti - That´s All Right - Shake, Rattle And Roll - Blueberry Hill - True Love - Are You Lonesome Tonight? - It´s Now Or Never - Fever - Stuck On You - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Pocketful Of Rainbows - Surrender.

Suzanna Leigh Died

Suzanna Leigh, who co-starred with Elvis Presley in the 1966 musical comedy Paradise, Hawaiian Style, has died. She was 72. Her daughter, actress Natalia Leigh, announced her death Monday in a Facebook post. 

"My warrior and my heart died at 5:30PM, on her terms," Natalia wrote. "It was time for JESUS to take her home. The world will forever be a little less light and magical. And my life has now and will be forever changed. I personally died a little today as she was my everything and I will never be the same."

Her agent, Melanie Novy, said that she died in Winter Garden, Florida.

Leigh had been fighting Stage 4 liver cancer since September 2016, and a GoFundMe page had been set up in her name to assist with medical expenses.

In Paradise, Hawaiian Style, Presley romances Judy Hudson, played by Leigh, and along the way sings nine new songs, including "Scratch My Back (Then I'll Scratch Yours)," "A Dog's Life" and "Queenie Wahine's Papaya." 

"Elvis and I were both under contract to Hal Wallis, who was known as the star maker," Leigh once recalled. "I remember the day that Hal said that I would be making my next movie with Elvis. I was an incredible fan of his, and then he said you'll be filming it in Hawaii. Wow. Elvis was a fabulous actor, very underrated by a lot of the conventional theater people."

(Source: Le Chant Du Monde / Amazon / FECC / Hollywood Reporter)